Monday, July 15, 2013

Saphaan Sung 7.15.13

Sup family!

This week was pretty nuts.  We exchanged with the assistants and with E. Susi/E. Sae-dan.  Busy stuff.  We switched with the assistants Monday night until Tuesday, then went to Bangkabi Wednesday morning to exchange with those elders.  Friday was E. Campbell's first full day in the area all week!

Force Fed: Monday night we went to visit a less active member and his family.  We had hoped we were going to eat with his family.  Only he and his wife were there.  They fed us some bizarre stuff too.  It tasted ok though...for the most part.  After eating there we went to the branch president's house where we were fed again.  They had tons of food.  It was a struggle to get it all down.  After finishing the plate of rice I moved to sit next to my companion by the fruit selection.  This sister took it upon herself to peel fruit for me.  Lots of it.  I would still be chewing one piece when she would hand me another one.  It was a fruit frenzy!  I wasn't sure if I should eat faster to keep up with her or slow down so she would stop.  Oh the stresses of being a missionary.  In the end I told her I couldn't possibly eat anymore and she stopped.

Picnic in the park: I was on exchanges with E. Sae-dan.  We went to this park to find some new investigators.  We found a playground and talked to the parents watching their kids play.  It was perfect business.  We saw this couple sitting on a nearby hill playing with their newborn.  We started to approach them.  When the man spotted us he called us over.  Yeah buddy.  Then he asks the money question.  "Are you the Christians that believe in eternal marriage?"  Yes, yes we are.  So we sat down and chatted with him and his wife about families and eternal marriage.  Then we invited them to church.  The Lord truly prepares people.  The field really is white, ready to harvest.

Well I love you all lots!  Keep on keepin' them covenants!  You got nothing to lose and eternity to gain.

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only



No comments: