Monday, July 1, 2013

Saphaan Sung 7.1.13

Hello family!

This week was hectic.  Real hectic.  We did back to back exchanges with the assistants and the samutprakarn elders, conducted 3 baptismal interviews, had a baptism and went to Asoke for a meeting with the stake presidency.  I'm pooped.  And this week will be even crazier.  Transfer week...always mayhem.

So before I forget...E. Thomas (my companion) is dying.  Aka he is going home.  And he lives in South Weber.  I can't remember if I told you or not.  But he lives real close (a block or 2).  So you'll probably see him next week.  I told him that he can raid our pantry and eat our cereal supply (do we still have a cereal supply?).

The highlight of the week was definitely the baptism and Saturday.  A members daughter that we taught was baptized, her name is Ingfah.  She is adorable and understands the gospel better than some of the adults.  The sisters had an investigator get baptized too (B. Jet).  They both wanted E. Thomas to baptize them.  I was glad he did it and not me, Ingfah's real name is a tongue twister.

This week I interviewed 2 people for baptism.  Interviewing people for baptism is marvelous.  I love hearing the investigators' testimonies.  I'm starting to better understand how the Spirit works and what we need to do to enjoy the Spirit even more.  As we educate our desires to make them in line with God's will then we qualify for the Spirit.  Then we ask, and God promises we will receive.  I have noticed in the scriptures that when God grants blessings it is according to something.  He granted the sons of Mosiah success according to their prayers.  Our desires take shape in our actions.  God grants us blessings when we desire those blessings enough to act in order to receive them.  Our desires are the one thing that we alone control.

I hope you all had a great week.

I love you all.  Lots.

elder m. riley creer

No comments: