Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Asoke 1.25.14



Hey Family!

Today marks 2 years since I reported to the MTC.  Whoa.  To celebrate, E. Harris, E. Campbell, E. Saunders (it was his 2 year mark as well) and I went to Tony Roma's for lunch.  Yeah buddy!  Tasty business.

This week went faster than last week.  I didn't think that was possible.  We flew to Sakon Nakhorn to switch off there.  It was freezing!  I was shivering 65% of the time we were there.  The elders there carry around giant pictures of baptism and invite everyone they see to be baptized.  It is awesome.  After that we went to Saphansung to switch off there.  It was fun to visit one of my old areas and see people that I helped teach.  Switching off a ton is so fun.  I learned that our mission is full of outstanding elders.

Mission life is great.  The elders I serve with are excellent.  They are so fun.  So much camaraderie.  Yesterday, E. Chelson gave us a great lesson on Repentance in District Meeting.  He talked about how joy comes from progression, and progression comes through repentance.  It was an amazing meeting.  It made me realize how much of a blessing repentance is and how we need to use it continually for the rest of our lives.

I know I am engaged in the Lord's work.  I know He lives.  I know that the Book of Mormon is a sacred record that contains the doctrine of Christ in its entirety.  It is true.  We can trust God.  He will not let us down or break His promises.  When we faithfully follow Him and really repent we can be cleansed from our sins through baptism and reception of the Holy Ghost.  This is the way we can be redeemed from our sins.  This is the way we can have joy, peace, and happiness.  There is no other way.

I love you all a ton!

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

P.S. Mom, I think i'll need some more dough to get the suit.  While I was contemplating what kind of suit I would want I bought some souvenirs and ate at really fancy restaurants...aka I don't have 8000 baht.  You are the best times 2.

 Don't worry Dad.  I am safe.  Here's the situation: people who are unhappy with the current government leaders have camped out in 7 major intersections of Bangkok.  They set up giant stages and stuff and each night have demonstrations which include lots of whistle blowing.  We have been instructed to avoid these areas.  The rest of BKK is normal.  Don't fret.

No comments: