Saturday, November 2, 2013

Asoke 11.2.13

Hey Family!

Mom...I got some news that you just aren't going to like.  Because our mission switched to 9 week transfers all of our missions were either shortened...or extended.  Well my mission has been extended a few weeks.  My last day is now February 21, 2014.  Yep.

This week I have felt a little like I'm on tour.  We went to Khonkaen for some exchanges (that's my first area in case you have forgotten) and then right after that we went to Korat for another exchange.  It was all sweet business except for the sleeping arrangements (I slept on 2 chair cushions and used my backpack as a pillow).

The first day of exchanges I was with E. Pearson.  He is a very funny elder.  We had a great time.  Miracle of the Day: We went to a park to invite people to be baptized.  We started with a prayer asking God to guide us to a family that was prepared to be baptized.  Well as soon as we said "Amen." we saw a family sitting nearby.  We talked to them and showed them a baptism card.  The mom says, "You are missionaries?  I want to change religions!"  So we gave her and her family a baptismal date for the 24th of November.  It was the first person we talked to!  And basically the first thing she said was that she wanted to change religions.  Oh Baby.

The next day I was with E. Weaver in Korat.   He is a champ.  He is just finishing up the 12 week training program (aka he is a greenie).  We had a ton of fun and spent most of the day walking the streets and cruising this exercise park inviting people to be baptized.  We found loads of people who were interested.  Small world part: He is from Salt Lake (Sugar House area) and went to Tufts University before the mission.  Bizarre business.

Thinking back on the week, all I can remember is the exchanges...well I guess that's all folks.

The other day I restarted the Book of Mormon.  I read the first few chapters looking for humility in the life of Nephi.  It was some really interesting stuff, I believe Nephi was incredibly humble.  He possessed humble faith that helped him overcome his challenges with his brothers and retrieving the plates.  I think Laman and Lemuel were prideful and that's why they didn't spiritually progress like Nephi did.  What did I learn?  Pride is some bad news bears stuff.  When we have pride we are in danger.  Aka resist pride.

Yes, I'll be getting some more suits here in a bit.  Zebra stripes?  In the words of Gus,"You know that's right!"  Hopefully I can find some good threads at china town.  Pray for me...my future swag depends on it.  I'll keep you updated on how much I need.  I think I've got some cash hidden in some books at home so I'll check that mess first.

We live with the office elders and the social media elders on the 4th floor of an apartment building that is right next to the church and a 5 minute walk to the office.  President lives in a different apartment building a 5 minute walk in the other direction.  Our house is pretty swanky.  I love it.

Well I love you all lots.

elder m. riley creer
the only


No comments: