Saturday, October 19, 2013

Asoke 10.19.13

Hello Family.
Big news: My P-day is now on Saturday.
Bigger news: I moved...again.  I am now in Asoke (center of Bangkok) serving as an Assistant to the President.  Adrian.
E. Tzanis completed his mission.  He is now back in Australia.  Surfing, I'm sure.  He said his first surf after he was released was going to be in his missionary clothes.  What a nut.
My new companion is E. Davies.  We were in the same room back in the MTC.  He is super funny.
Sour Skittles:  I was pretty bummed to leave Ubon.  It is amazing how I came to love it so fast (less than 3 weeks).  I was really excited to work there and serve in that zone.  But when your mission president asks you to serve in a different capacity, you don't refuse.  Despite leaving so suddenly, I'm pumped out of my mind to be with E. Davies and to work with President Senior.  I'm still not sure what Assistants even do, but I'm sure it will be an adventure.  Asoke is a hustle and bustle kind of place too (unless you are in a taxi between the hours of 4 and 6...you ain't goin' nowhere!), so it'll be exciting to work here.  Extra sugar: All the best suit shops are in my area.  Now we're talking.
Oh Mylanta Week: Monday.  I called President to ask for a temple recommend interview for E. Tzanis and I.  He said he would call us back.  I guess he forgot or something came up because he didn't.  So I called again.  He answered the phone and our question.  Then he told me he wanted me to be his new Assistant and to get to Bangkok ASAP as possible.  I packed that night.
Tuesday.  We hopped on a bus that morning.  It took forever.  It made loads of stops.  So to pass the time we TimTam slammed.  I spilled milk all over myself.  Perfect.  11 hours later when we finally arrived in the BKK we grabbed some dinner, went to English class and then crashed at the AP's house.  Wednesday.  It was E. Tzanis' last P-day (we switched it from Monday to Wednesday).  So we went shopping.  E. Tzanis shops like an all-star.  We hit up 3 or 4 different malls and some of them multiple times.  In the end I could barely walk and had pulled a hammie.  It was intense.  Thursday.  Transfer meeting.  Crazy.  I saw Greg Madsen.  He is being trained by E. Federico who just stepped down from AP.  Greg is looking good.  After the transfers and a training meeting that I was completely unprepared for we went back to the office and helped out with the jobbers (missionaries who are going home).  Friday.  2:45 AM.  We took the jobbers to the airport.  Then some more Thai jobbers to the bus station.  We got back around 7, ate the hotel's complimentary breakfast that the jobbers didn't have time to eat, got a few more hours of sleep, studied, went out to work.  Nutshell: I was so exhausted.
What's the dealio with BYU in the spring?  Anything I need to do?
Much Love
Elder M. Riley Creer


No comments: