Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Saphaan Sung 8.5.13

Hey fam.
What's up?
Sam.  The picture of you diving out of a tram in the alps is the most epic picture I have ever seen.  Hecka Dayz epic...I'll be raving about how epic it is for Hecka Dayz.
The Burger Master family: To clarify, the Burger Master's wife (Su) is the same woman that picked her Book of Mormon out of the trash.  She is pretty stellar.  Their family is really struggling though.  Andreas (the Burger Master) and Su are having marital problems.  Andreas doesn't particularly like Thailand (on the real, he hates it).  He doesn't hide it either.  So with him ragging on Thailand all the time it causes a lot of contention in the home.  We finally got a Book of Mormon in German though so we are praying that he will read it with an open heart so it can change his life.  Su, on the other hand, loves the Book of Mormon.  She has read to Alma already.  At first she was really struggling with all the new aspects of the church and new doctrine.  She had a ton of questions.  We helped her see that she would need to pray to know.  She said if she received an answer she would follow it 100%.  Yes.  That's what they call real intent.  E. Campbell and I fasted for her last P-day so she would receive her answer.  Well Tuesday, after English class she was talking to some members and met the branch president's wife, S. Gaaw.  She used to be a member of the same church that Su just left.  That's what they call money in the bank.  It doesn't stop there.  We gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet.  She was studying the pamphlet and the Book of Mormon until 3 AM.  She said she had tons of questions and concerns and was about to write them down for us to answer when she asked God to them.  She said God answered her, "Why do you doubt me?"  After that she couldn't think of anything to write down and went to bed.  The next day we visited them and she told us about it.  She is so great!  We just need to help Andreas get hooked on the Book of Mormon.
The Money Call(s):  Friday.  E. Campbell and I are doing comp study.  The phone rings.  I answer it.  It is this man that was supposed to meet us the day before but didn't.  He is trying to find the church...right now.  So we tell him where it is, forget about comp study and rush to the church.  We meet the guy, Sawaeng, and his wife, Bua.  Sawaeng had the baptism pass-along card that I gave him weeks ago.  While chatting we learn that he wants to be cleansed from sin.  We invite them to be baptized.  They both say yes.  So we give them a date for the 24th of August.  2 new daters and it isn't even 10 AM yet.  Yeah buddy.  Saturday.  We are leaving our apartment when the phone rings.  E. Campbell answers it.  This woman named Benny wants to come to church on Sunday.  She has never been before though.  He tells her to meet us at 6 at the church so we can explain how it is.  She meets us.  We find out that 2 days ago she decided she wanted to be Christian.  So we taught her what she needed to do to be Christian (aka be baptized).  Then we invited her to be baptized on the 24th of August.  She accepted.  She believes that God guided her to us.  The next day she came to church.  Everyday the Lord really is preparing his children to receive the Restored gospel.
Turn!:  E. Campbell and I were riding to a park for some Dan Jonesing.  While riding through this intersection I had a quiet feeling to turn left.  But I was too slow and was already through the intersection.  I kept riding a little ways and then decided we needed to go back.  So I slowed down and told E. Campbell we needed to go the other way.  He had the same thought.  So we whipped around and headed back.  We turned.  We rode for a few minutes when this man passed us on his scooter and yells hello while crossing his chest.  That's why we turned, that man right there.  E. Campbell chased him down and told him we wanted to visit his house and leave a blessing on his family.  He accepted and we followed him to his house.  We met his wife and kids and prayed for their family.  Turns out we met him weeks ago while visiting a Less-active but he peaced before we could get his name and number.  The Lord led us to him again!
Awkward Business:  We set an appointment to meet the family of this 13 year old girl that comes to English class.  We took 2 members with us.  We meet the girl's mom.  From the get go she starts ranting about how awful her daughter is.  We would try to say her daughter, Urn, could change but she wouldn't really listen and keep ranting.  I hated it.  I tried to share a scripture about how we can have the love of God in our hearts through living the gospel (4 Nephi 1:1-16) but in the middle of it she starts whining about how her daughter is a liar.  I wanted to freak out.  I wanted to yell at her and tell her she was the worst mom I had ever seen, that she needed to grow up and love her daughter.  But I didn't think it would help.  She wasn't listening to anything we said.  I asked why she only saw the bad in her daughter.  She answered, "Because there is no good."  It was awful.  I was grateful for parents that praised my pros as they helped me correct my cons, not just gripe about how bad I was.  Thanks mom and pops.  You two are one in a million (maybe two in two million sounds better...but you get the point!).
Well the gospel was restored.  I know it.  The Book of Mormon is the evidence.  It is true.  Through the Holy Ghost, my Heavenly Father told me so.
Much love from the Far East,
elder m. riley creer
the only

P.S. I think I am going to wait on the suit until after transfers just in case I get moved.

No comments: