Monday, August 19, 2013

Saphaan Sung 8.19.13

Hey Family!

This week we are emailing early.  We are going to hit up Safari World.  Yeah buddy.  Pics coming soon.

Good news:  I didn't get a new companion!  E. Campbell and I are going on round 3!  ADRIAN!  We got 2 more elders in Saphan sung!  And one of them is a district leader!  No more double duties!  Woohoo!  E. Barfuss (I was companions with him in Nongkynonks) is the district leader and E. Angkam (from Laos) is his companion.  We went into transfers with a zone of 16.  We came out with a zone of 26.  Yeah...it's getting crazy up in here.

From Zero to...Baptized:  We had a baptism.  15 days after she called us asking about church, Sister Ben got baptized.  Her original date was the 24th.  Last Sunday it was apparent that she was ready.  When it comes to eternal salvation, why wait?  So we taught her everything she hadn't yet learned in 3 lessons and had her interview on Friday.  E. Barfuss said she knew everything.  Yeah buddy.  She was baptized after church on Sunday.  I loved her testimony after she was baptized.  She talked about when she received a spiritual witness that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  She is sponsored...by God.

#Thatembarrassingmomentwhen: you give a man a priesthood blessing but accidentally bless yourself.  Ouch.  True story.  Last night we visited this less-active brother named Somgiad.  We encouraged him to  come back to church and begin praying again.  The spirit was there.  He was fighting through a migraine so we asked if he would like a priesthood blessing.  He agreed it was a good idea and asked me to seal the anointing.  Well I started off just swell, getting through his name and stating my authority with no problems.  When the "give a blessing as the spirit directs" part came up it went down hill.  Somehow I mixed up 2 words.  Just 2 words: I and You.  For some reason I thought the Hi-so word for I was you and started blessing myself, that my own migraine would go away, that my own health would improve.  I caught myself after 2 sentences, realized what I was doing and paused.  I opened my eyes for a split second and saw E. Campbell looking the other way fighting off laughter.  I was in shock.  I had just blessed myself.  As hilarious of a mistake it was, the Lord helped me keep control and give a spirit-led blessing that his health would improve and that he would have the courage to come back to church.  If the Spirit wasn't burning in my heart as we said goodbye, I would have felt like an idiot.  But I knew the Lord was pleased with our ministering, even if I looked like amateur hour stuff.  I learned that we, by ourselves, are amateurs, but through the Spirit and the priesthood we become pro status.  The Lord takes amateurs and gives them tools to be pros.  How blessed are we.

Thanks for the birthday goodies!  They rocked.  For real.

Safari world is calling.  Much Love

Elder M. Riley Creer

The Only

No comments: