Monday, August 26, 2013

Saphaan Sung 8.26.13

Hey Family!

This week was way sweet.  I fed a giraffe.  Get On My Level.  S. Ben was confirmed in church yesterday.  She asked me to confirm her.  Yep, I was pretty nervous.  But I didn't mess up the words or start to bless myself (see last week) so no worries.

This week we had a leadership meeting for trainers, district leaders, and zone leaders.  They talked about improving our teaching and our finding.  We had a teaching showdown!  They made a bracket and President and the assistants were judges and graded our teaching for certain criteria (giving overviews, using How to Begin Teaching points, etc.).  Well E. Campbell and I were asked to participate.  It was nerve wracking times mucho teaching in front of a panel of judges but we won!  Woohoo.  There wasn't a prize or anything though.  

After the meeting I exchanged with E. Marshall, who is a new district leader.  They are opening a new unit in Lat Prao (middle of Bkk).  The space they are going to use for church meetings is above the overflow for a massage place.  Yeah...true story.  They had district meeting while I was there, but the door for the 3rd floor (the floor the church will be on) was locked.  So we had district meeting in an extra massage room.  Probably the weirdest place possible for a district meeting.

Thoughts from studies: We learn precept by precept, little by little.  Baby steps.  Part of that process is applying the knowledge we have already received.  Sometimes we expect the Lord to give us some new secret that will help solve our problems or make our life easier when we have not completely applied what the Lord has already taught us.  I can't expect the Lord to give me further guidance until I have applied the guidance already given to me.  That's why recording revelations and impressions is so critical so we can review them and work on applying them fully.  I am not sure why I was so impressed by this today, but I felt like the windows of heaven opened and lit my mind up like a Christmas tree.

The Church is restored.  The priesthood authority of God too.  The Book of Mormon is proof.  We have a prophet.  What a blessing.

Much Love Family!

Elder M. Riley Creer

the only

No comments: