Monday, November 5, 2012

Chiang Mai 11.5.12

Hello people whom I love...aka My Family

This week was great as usual. We had hecka dayz people come to sacrament meeting yesterday. 90! it was nuts. There was 5 people that we've never seen before that just walked in. It was sweet. The church is certainly true. People are being drawn to the gospel everyday. It was an answer to much fasting and prayers to meet the people the Lord is preparing to receive the gospel.

Sam had a mustache?? Since when? I'm thinking of growing one out here in Thailand, I think it would go well with my fat 70's style ties (Just kidding. But I think I can probably grow a real one now, not just that wimpy pedro-stache I had before). Sam, I'm glad you got some full tilts of your own, we'll be the fly-est kids on the mountain...in another year or two. Katie and Jeremy, good luck with your talks. Pray hard. Then open your mouth. It will be filled. That's what the Lord tells all day long in the scriptures, so it must be true. Dad, the lady whose tree E. Heslop chopped up was still going to church when I left Khonkaen. She was a great member and forgave and forgot I think. 9 aprons mom?! Are you sponsored yet or what? What are you going to do with them? To answer your question Dad, yes we are currently refilling our investigator pool. The english program here is helping a ton! Last class we had 37 new people come. 19 of those people were in our area. 11 of them were interested to learn more about the gospel. #thatswhaticallmoneyinthebank. We were super blessed. But that's what happens when you pray, you receive blessings.

Trials and Tribulations: We all of trials. This life is full of them. Some of them are minor: stubbed toes. Some of them are major: having no hot water. There aren't many things that are like a cold shower in the morning. There is absolutely nothing that comes close to a week and a half of them. It is awful. I've come to dread the morning shower. We hunted down our landlady the other day and she said it will get replaced soon. I don't think she understands the seriousness of this issue...we are freezing every morning. I'm pretty sure E. Campbell is starting to show signs of periodic hypothermia (pretty sure it's a real thing). #blessingindisguise: It only takes me 3 minutes to shower (aka all I can endure), leaving me plenty of time to read inspirational Liahona stories.

Enduring to the end: We were inviting. Trying to find those who God has prepared. When we started we said we'd invite for an hour and a half (until 4). At 3:45 we had not had been able to get into a house yet. We we tired, disappointed. I asked E. Campbell if we should just start our next activity early. He said we should finish the last 15 minutes. So we said a prayer that we'd find someone. We mounted our stallions and rode out of the side street we were in. Across the street was a car wash with no customers. We stopped, invited them, then taught them. Return appointment? You know it. Prayers are answered. The Lord leads us when we ask for it and listen.

Life is good. I am happy.

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

#Hashtags:
#Thingsthatdrivemenuts: broken kickstands
When an investigator tells you his church is just like our church, priesthood authority and all. #awwnuts

Package requests: contacts. I tried to buy the stuff they have here in thailand...yeah bad idea. I can't think of anything else...sorry. I'll ponder

No comments: