Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MTC 4.3.12

Hey Team!

How is everything? This is my last pday in the MTC. YAHOO!

This week I have come to really appreciate light. The room next door was having wiring problems so the electricity in our end of the hall got knocked out. So we lived in darkness for a couple days. It made living the lights out rule way easy but turned out to not be so fun when we'd get ready in the morning #iwastrippin...literally. But to compensate for the physical darkness, I received some spiritual light this week. First off, general conference was supreme. I loved it. Second off, I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday and had the sweetest experience as I finished. My goal was to re-solidify my testimony of Joseph Smith. So I prayed before I started the last 10 chapters. As I read I felt calm and peaceful. The real experience came after however. I was pondering "the overall message it contains" (Intro. to BOM), that Christ is my Savior and through His merits I can overcome my sins and weaknesses. I began to have this burning swelling feeling in my chest (99% sure it wasn't heartburn) and knew that the Book of Mormon was true. I continued to ponder about Joseph Smith and the First Vision, the feeling grew and I knew that Joseph truly saw the Father and the Son and translated the Book of Mormon. Re-learning and re-experiencing that was sublime.

Also this week, we were able to Host the new missionaries on Wednesday. It was a pretty funny experience. We saw both ends of the spectrum, missionaries who'd bawl on the curb and missionaries who'd forget to hug their dads'. It is nuts to think that that was me only 2ish months ago. I feel like I have grown and matured a ton since then! But we get to Host new missionaries again tomorrow, hopefully I'll get some sobbers.

This morning we met our teacher, Bro. Day and his wife at the temple for an endownment session. He is so awesome. He even ate breakfast with us after. He wants us to send him this thai chicken dressing stuff when we get there. Apparently it is top notch. He also told us we only get mail once a transfer (every 6 weeks). I guess it sits in the mission office until transfer stuff. So if I don't write back for a month and a half you know why. But it was so fun to be able to just talk with him about Thailand and how he met his wife and stuff. It is nuts how close we are. It will be weird to not see them almost everyday.

Humorous Story: Last night we were teaching one of our last lessons with our investigator, Beer (bro. day). It was awesome...until Elder G. told him next week we wouldn't be able to teach him anymore. Elder G. just started weeping. It was genuine sobbing. It was nuts. Here we are with a fake investigator and Elder G. is bawling that we won't see him next week. I don't know if this eruption of emotion was because he was going to miss Beer or Bro. Day but I was just shocked and didn't even know what to do. It was hilariously bizarre.

I love you all! I am so stoked for eternity with our family.

Much Love,
Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

Hashtags:
#ifonlyspeakingThaiwasmultiplechoice
E. G. called the Abraham facsimile a famiscile. #noob




No comments: