Monday, April 23, 2012

Khon Kaen 4.23.12

Sup family!

This week was bitter sweet. It was bitter because all the Thai food I have been eating has taken a toll...lets just call it #digestiondevastation. The weirdest part is that all the members knew about it...and would talk to me about it! Apparently openly talking about bowel movements is completely normal in Thailand. It was pretty bizarre though. One sister even baked me homemade bread because she felt so bad. Church here is so sweet. It is an all day thing. You go for the 3 hours and then everyone goes to the kitchen and eats lunch together and chats. It is super cool. This week I learned about decepticons (what the missionaries call transexuals). But we went to eat with some members at this bbq place and there was a ton of these fake women working there! It was decepticon headquarters! One of em laughed while setting our table up and it was this super deep voice with this almost female body. It was weird. But other than the very confused waitresses/waiters (not sure which one applies here) the bbq was good. Breaking News: I ate squid. Yep. True Story. And it tasted alright, well except for the eggs (definitely gagged a little getting those babies (pun!) down). But this week I also ate shrimp! I'm getting pretty adventurous over here in Thailand #Lookatmenow. This week was sweet because we taught a ton. Elder Pipat said he has never taught so many lessons in KhonKaen before.

But Thailand is just great. Elder Pipat and I have a good time with Elder Leyva and Elder Grover (the other elders we live with/zone leaders), they are super funny. As for language this week, I think I am starting to understand a little more but I'm so limited on what I can say outside of a lesson. In a lesson, I can get by but when I'm chatting with members it is bad news bears. Its coming though, slowly but surely.

This week I really enjoyed 1 Nephi 19:9 about the Atonement. I think it is simple but super poetic too. Also I really like D&C 50:26. I think it sums up my calling in a single verse and helps me remember what I am to do.

Well sorry my email is short, but I want to send more pics and the computer takes forever to send em.

MUCH LOVE!

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

Hashtags:
Tried to make pancakes...nope. #cookingskillsneedwork
Got my new bike #LookinFly
Got attacked by Caterpillars #waitwhat #onlyinThailand


No comments: