Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MTC 3.27.12

Hey Family!

So this week was pretty sweet. I think the highlight was TRC on Saturday (TRC is my favorite). In case I never explained what it is, it is when we teach members (most are return thai missionaries) about a gospel principle or a simple lesson. It is so fun because we get to teach real people and apply the gospel to their lives. The volunteers are really fun too so we have a good time. But this past lesson was on receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon. We read in Alma 37:38-45. It is Alma teaching one of his sons and he compares the words of Christ to the Liahona. But he talks about how the Liahona directed them on a straight path to the promised land according to their faith and diligence. The scriptures can guide us to our own personal promised land too, we just have to have faith and diligently study them. A few weeks ago I was thinking about my own promised land and where/what it was. This week I realized I probably won't know until I get there. Lehi and his family didn't know where theirs was, so why should I expect to know where mine is. I think that is why Faith is so important. We don't know where God is leading us, but if we trust in Him and have Faith the scriptures will lead us to the right place.

Let's see...other stuff that happened this week: Elder Oaks spoke this week at the devotional. It was superb. I love being able to hear the words of the Apostles. They are so powerful. Which reminds me, the MTC choir is going to be singing in the Saturday afternoon session of conference. Before you get all excited I won't be there. To choose who got to go they had us fill out surveys where we listed our choir experience. I put on mine that I was companions with someone who was really talented and since we have lived together for 2 months I was positive some of his talent has rubbed off on me. Apparently they didn't appreciate the humor because I didn't get chosen...oh well.
Humorous story: I was giving the spiritual thought in class this week. We give them in thai, so when I introduced my scripture I accidentally said Mosiah sib ed (11) instead of yiisib ed (21). The verse I meant to have everyone turn to is Mosiah 21:14 which is about humility and turning to God for help but everyone turned to Mosiah 11:14 which is about riotous living with many wives and concubines. Brother Day just started laughing while I was sharing my thought because I was reading about humility but everyone else was reading about riotous living. #amateurhour #thathurtstheteam

Other humorous story: Elder Gibbons and I were teaching our investigator (Brother Day) about the law of chastity. E. Gibbons was trying to say how the procreative powers are sacred. Instead of saying Power which in thai is amnaad, he said kingdom which is anaacag. So our investigator thought we were telling him about this kingdom of procreation and how sacred it is. You can imagine the confusion. #classic

This week Brother Day told us we were all addicts. He said we were all addicted to speaking english and needed to repent and use the Atonement to break our addiction. He such an awesome teacher. He said it jokingly but then it made me realize how it is totally true. I am addicted but I can use the atonement to change and quit speaking english. Our lessons with our teachers are so sweet! We are going to miss them a bunch in Thailand.

Well family...I love you...a lot.

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

Hashtags:
#thingsimprayingfor: charity, humility, patience, MOTAB Dubstep remix.
#twoweeksleft
#Holleratyourboy

No comments: