Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First Day of School Blues

Another semester started today.  It was glorious.  Well not quite.  After leaving my first class (Biology) I thought things were going wonderfully well.  Then I went to my engineering class.  The professor is from Chile and his accent proves it.  He didn't waste any time.  We jumped right in.  I really wished I had read the textbook before going to class (too bad it is still in the mail).  The Chilean accent coupled with the totally foreign material made for a very overwhelming experience.  And it was only 11:00 AM.
After a much needed lunch break I meandered my way to my next class.  Linear Algebra. This professor is from Germany (or some nearby German speaking country).  He also has an accent to prove it.  Apparently I am really good at picking the international professors.  After struggling through 2 more classes 2:00 PM comes and I think I am done.  I strolled about campus proud of making it through day one.  I chatted with some friends, bought a chocolate milk, stood in the endless and ever-growing book line, then started walking home.  Halfway home I checked my class schedule to be sure I didn't forget one.  Well I did.  I completely forgot about my 2:00 PM class.  By the time I realized my blunder it was too late.  Well awesome.  
One thing is certain: It is going to be a splendid semester.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh Rye, I love your writing!

Barb said...

Oh Rye, I love your writing!