Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Family Rocks.

Well I'm home.  Weird.  I landed at the airport on Friday, 21 February 2014.  That night I was released from being a full-time missionary by the Stake President.  Weirder.

Following are the highlights of the past couple weeks along with my thoughts.

Skiing:

Yeah...we look pretty sick.
I missed skiing.  Especially skiing with Sammy.  He is an all-star skier and taught me basically everything I know.  When I was in 7th grade I busted my wrist snowboarding.  Lame story too.  That summer my brother convinced me to buy a pair of twin tip skis.  He is very persuasive.  I bought 'em.  And snowboarded only once after that.  I spent the next 3 years skiing behind Sam; I went wherever he went on the mountain.  He liked it steep and deep...so I had to learn fast.  I'd follow as he'd turn a normal run into a playground, jumping off hidden features, zooming down the hill at deadly speeds.  When I think of skiing, I think of skiing with my brother.

Dancing:
Waiting for the beat to drop
Katie taught me to dance.  I was twelve.  I was finally old enough to go to my first tri-ward dance.  I was terrified.  I didn't know how to dance to anything with a fast beat.  Naturally I hid in the bathroom for everything but the slow songs.  Shortly after, my sister taught me the X and V dance move.  I was hooked.  Suddenly I loved dancing.  Youtube became my teacher and I would spend hours in front of our glass sliding door watching my reflection as I attempted to master the moonwalk.  Fast forward a few years.  I was spending the weekend with my sister before EFY.  We had nothing to do one afternoon and decided to make a music video.  It snowballed from there.  Now we have made 8, in 4 different states.  When I think of dancing, I think of dancing with my sister.

Nutshell:
My family rocks.  And I missed them a lot.  I realized that the hobbies I love most are hobbies that remind me of my family.  In other words: I love my family more than anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woww... New style blog , haha ;P