Sunday, February 2, 2014

Asoke 2.1.14






Hey Family!

This week was nuts.  I felt like I was reinvigorated in regards to the work.  Back in November, I received what we in the mission like to call death papers.  Part of these papers is setting goals for the remainder of  your mission.  Well this week I was looking at my goals and decided I didn't like them.  There were too many of them, the focus was too broad.  So I chucked em.  Now I have one goal.  It is focused.  It will challenge me.  It will keep me going until the last moment.  Perfect.

Tuesday.  We exchanged with some elders in Pakkret (Northern BKK).  I was with E. Madsen.  Yep.  We had a good time inviting together.  He is a great missionary.  He talks to everyone and is focused on his purpose.  It is nuts that we are in the same mission and that we were able to go on exchanges together.  Small world.

Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council.  It was a great meeting.  President Senior threw down.  It was awe-inspiring.  The Spirit was palpable (that word makes me think of really pulpy orange juice).  We trained on teaching towards baptism and helping investigators repent.  MLC is one of my favorite meetings.  I love seeing all the zone leaders and hearing all their ideas.  This mission is full of great people.

I know Jesus is the Christ.  The Book of Mormon testifies that through Him we can change.  Through Him we can be cleansed from sin.  Through Him we can stand spotless before our Eternal Father when we are asked to account for our lives.  Remembering that one day we will have to report to God what we did with our time and opportunities here on Earth is a sobering thought.  It makes me grateful for Christ and His saving Atonement.  I know His way is the only way.  We must follow it.  And we can.  I love my savior.

This is the Lord's work.

Much Love

Elder M. Riley Creer
the only 

No comments: