Monday, February 10, 2014

Asoke 2.10.14

Hello Family.

This week was sweet!  I went to Nongkhai and Ubon!  Yeah buddy.  We exchanged in both areas.  Way fun.  I love Nongkhai.  It is the best.  Ubon is good too.  But Nongkhai takes the cake.

Holy Faith: Friday.  We met with Ice.  She is an investigator we have been teaching for a few weeks now.  She works at a coffee shop almost everyday so was only able to come to the international ward here (it is in the morning).  Well on Friday she told us that she quit her job so she could keep the Sabbath!  She was thinking about quitting and apparently her family told her that she should quit too.  So she did.  I was so impressed with her faith.  She wants to obey all of God's commandments completely.  It is amazing.  Since she won't work on Sunday anymore she will now go to the Bangkapi ward and will be baptized there this Saturday.  She has basically converted herself.  We didn't do anything.  I guess the fact that she goes home each night and talks to her aunt who is a member really helps.  It is neat to see how excited she was when she received answers to her prayers.  The fact that God answers our individual prayers is quite marvelous.

Back to Nongkynongks: E. Harris and I hit up Nongkhai for an exchange.  I was with E. Beatty and was able to visit some of the members who were baptized while I was there.  S. Muay and her 2 daughters are still strong!  S. Muay teaches institute!  What a champ.  I was overjoyed to see they were still doing well.  Seeing someone who you helped teach continue to live the gospel more than a year later is what makes this work all worth it.  Seeing their lives change and their spiritual growth is what this is all about.  I love this gospel and I love this work.

Saturday.  We decided to spend the day inviting others to come to church and see the baptismal service.  Whoa there cowboy: E. Harris and I were inviting in front of the BTS.  It is fast-paced stuff.  You get 0.3 seconds to catch someone's attention.  So we ask everyone if they want to wash their sins away.  We get rejected a lot.  After getting snubbed by some cat I turned around to see this security lady standing there.  She was stammering in broken English how I couldn't invite there.  I faked confusion.  Then I saw this dorky-looking farang next to her.  He proceeds to tell me that we have no business in Thailand and that the BTS manager sent this security lady to kick me out.  So I invited him to church.  He called our church evil.  So then I turned to the security lady and asked if she wanted to go.  She was on the fence.  As she thought about it she led me 10 feet to my left and showed me the line I couldn't cross.  It was on the top of a stairway.  Perfect.  I posted there and kept inviting everyone.  The Farang was ticked!  He hassled my companion a little and then stormed off past me muttering how we were dirty.  Nutshell: Most farangs in Thailand have very charming personalities.

Sunday.  6 People were baptized into the Asoke ward.  Eve, this investigator we met last week, was baptized.  She is supreme.  She progressed so fast.  The Lord leads us to the elect.  It is true.  The baptismal service was fantastic, the testimonies they bore at the end were great, it was a good Sunday.  I love worshiping my God and ending it by watching someone make their first covenant with Him.

This church is so true, 100%.  And anyone can know it, if they but humble themselves and ask our Father in Heaven with a sincere heart.  He loves us enough to answer us, to guide us.

Much Love

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

No comments: