Monday, April 22, 2013

Bangna 4.22.13


Hey family.

You guys rock. True story. Life in the BKK is rolling right along, even with the daily traffic jams and fender benders. E. Jensen is doing great. Everyday it seems I learn something else about his childhood that baffles me. We were raised very differently. Very differently. He had never eaten sugared cereal until the MTC! I practically lived off that stuff from age 9 to 19! But we get along just great so don't fret.

Hand in the pocket + one earring = money: This week we had some pretty cool experiences in finding new investigators. We were getting on the BTS (skytrain) on our way back from a zone meeting and decided to chat with the other people waiting for the train. I let E. Jensen choose our target and start the conversation. He starts out in his broken (but improving) Thai and the guy responds a little in Thai, then switches to perfect English. He tells us he is already Christian. So we explain the Restoration very simply and bear testimony of the Book of Mormon. He asks if we have one in English. We don't (umm hello...we're in Thailand). We showed him the mini English copy that I carry around with me. He was way interested to read it. Then we find out he doesn't live in our area...ouch. So we told him what he needed to do to get a copy. Right before we parted, he asked, "How did you know to talk to me out of all these people?" E. Jensen may not have realized it but he was guided by the Spirit when he chose the man with his hand in his pocket and one earring.

That is crazy that Greg got called to Thailand! Maybe we'll be companions! Holler. Sam, do you know someone named S. Sahagen? She just came into country with E. Jensen. She said she worked with you, that you are hilarious, that you are a genuine hipster and that you need to wait for her (I may or may not have added that last part (aka I added it)).

This week I was studying about Faith. I learned a lot. Then I prayed and asked if what I learned was true. Heavenly Father answered. I know He hears our prayers, and answers. I learned that if we don't have miracles in our life than it is our fault. We either don't have faith or aren't recognizing (or aren't looking for) them. I read in Moroni 7:37. Read it. Then have faith. After reading that verse how could you not want to have faith? The nutshell of my study was this: Faith is like my rippling biceps, if I use it, test it, even strain it, then it grows and strengthens.

Well life is grand. My family rocks. By the way, I showed the family book you sent me to an investigator to help her understand that the gospel blesses families and helps them go to Disneyland (aka the celestial kingdom...well except for It's a Small World that is still in a telestial state) and have eternal happiness. I love you tons.

Elder M. Riley Creer
the Only

P.S. I'm glad you cats in Boston are safe.



No comments: