Monday, April 15, 2013

Bangna 4.15.13

Dear Family that I love,

New Companion! Elder Jensen. From Draper, Utah. Fresh from the MTC. Yeah, I'm training. #ohnuts. Elder Terry moved. Comical sidenote: I knew I was training all last transfer. Elder Terry knew he was most likely moving areas. We get to transfer meeting, all the trainers and trainees have a 2 hour meeting about the training. E. Terry just sat around and chilled, waiting for the meeting to start. 5 minutes before it starts Elder Heap (one of the Assistants) goes up to E. Terry and tells him that he is training too. They forgot to call him. He was supposed to be in the training meeting too! E. Terry handled it ok though. Then after the whole transfer business is finished, E. Terry finds out he is becoming a district leader too! It was hilarious. He was in shock.

This weekend was both conference and the water festival (today is actually the last day of the water festival (after I send this I'm going to go rampage the streets of Bkk with my $10 water gun)). Conference was great. Elder Jensen and I listened to 2 sessions in English and 3 sessions in Thai (he heard it all already in the MTC so he wanted to try it in Thai). As a mission we were committed to write down questions and then listen for the answers to come in Conference. So I did. And they got answered. Holler at personal revelation.

Dad, Rak and her kids came to Sunday conference. They are doing well. The BTS guy didn't come. As for people that don't like us being in Thailand, the only people who have told me I don't belong here are old grumpy white men who are here for much less wholesome reasons. Thai people are generally impressed by the fact that we leave our family, school and all that jazz to come tell them about Christ and His restored gospel.

Training a new missionary takes me back to my greenie days. What good memories...sitting in Sacrament meeting confused out of my mind; sitting in lessons struggling to speak. So fun.

Adventures from last pday: World's Largest Crocodile Farm. Yeah Buddy. 3 hours and 200฿ later, I had touched a croc, held a chimp, and fed a baby tiger. Life complete. #crossthatmessoffmybucketlist

In getting to know my new companion, we began talking about childhoods. Thank you Momma and Poppa Smurf for raising Katie, Sam and I the way you did. I can look back on my childhood and have great memories, memories of family vacations, family adventures (Where is that dang Hollywood sign?) and family laughter. Thank you also for trusting us enough to let us make our own decisions. When thinking about being a parent, I thought of our Heavenly Father. He taught us correct principles in the pre-earth life and sent us here to choose for ourselves. You taught us the gospel and let us choose for ourselves. Thank you. I love you...more than I love eating Magnum bars on the hot streets of Bangkok (aka I love you a lot).

Well family, peace.

Elder M. Riley Creer
the only

No comments: