Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nongkhai 3.11.13

Hello Family.

This week was pretty interesting. It was great. So fun. I feel like E. Jex and I laughed through the whole week. He is really funny. Katie, your first date story was not near as scandalous as mom and dad's. But I guess curly fries are pretty romantic too...more so than normal fries anyway. Dad, what is a mote? Mom, don't worry, I was joking about extending. Sam, how's the snow? Jeremy, Your a champ. True story.

Kitten Killer: Saturday we went to visit a less active sister that lives in the boondocks. Her granddaughter was there, she is about 3 or 4. She had a baby kitten. It was probably a week old. She was playing with it like it was an action figure. She would grab the poor things legs and jerk them around like it was fighting off bad guys. It was hilarious. There was one moment where she had both cat's front paws in her hands and was holding it hanging behind her head. Then she whips it forward over her head. It was vicious. The little guy is not going to survive the week.

Warning: The following story is not for the faint of heart.
Circumcise Surprise: Sunday. Church just finished. We are mingling, about to teach some investigators before the branch council meeting. S. Nom rushes out and grabs B. Boonhom, spits out some Thai that I don't understand. B. Boonhom rushes into the kitchen where we can hear a little boy screaming. We ask what happened. S. Nom explains. The boy was zipping up his pants and got his wee wee caught in the zipper. Oh no. A few minutes later we see them carry the little boy to a car and rush him to the hospital. They couldn't get the zipper unstuck. Yikes. The hospital took care of it. The little guy is ok now. Probably the most hilarious, awful, wince-inducing story ever.

This week in Nongkhai there is a fat, huge, crazy carnival. It is massive. We went there a couple nights this week to pass out English Class cards. We found this stall that was selling knock-off jersey's. Perfect. Just my style. Immediately I saw a bright yellow Thai national jersey. I liked it...a ton. So I bought it. That night, I went to try it on. Too small. It was a large. Apparently my pectorals and shoulders are extra large. ARG! Curse my massive muscles. So I gave it to E. Jex. The next time we were there, I saw the same stall. Again I saw a bright yellow Thai jersey. I liked it...a lot. So I bought it. The guy gave me 10฿ off too. Yes, that's like 30 cents! Nutshell: now E. Jex and I have matching jerseys. So cute!

Analogy: We are gods in training. Our Dad has a really cool job, in fact the coolest job ever. It makes Him incredibly happy. We went to be like our Dad. So our Dad sent us to a boarding school, called Earth. If we study hard and follow the rules we can become like our Dad and have that wicked sweet job. In the school we have teachers, they are called prophets. They help us learn what we need to learn and understand the rules. Sometimes the teacher retires, when that happens the students are lost, confused. Because our Dad loves us he makes sure that a new teacher comes and teaches. The teachers give us textbooks to help us learn. If we read the textbook we find the answers to our questions and know what we need to do. In reality, the teachers get the textbooks from our Dad, He wrote the textbook on how we can become like Him. If we study hard and learn everyday, when we leave the boarding school we become like Dad. We become happy, forever. If we don't study and learn, when we leave the school we don't become like Dad. It's that simple.

Life is good. I love you all.

Elder M. Riley Creer
the only

No comments: