Monday, March 18, 2013

Into the BKK 3.18.13

Hello family.

Big news. I moved. I moved to Bangkok. I'm in a place called Bangna. It is actually a ward! And now I'm district leader. Oh boy. And next transfer I'll be training a new missionary. Next transfer 35 new missionaries are coming. CRAZY. So they told all the people who will be training next transfer so they can prepare. Yeah I'm lowkey freaking out. The combination of all three of these things (1. moving to a gigantor city, 2. becoming district leader, 3. knowing I'll be training a new missionary next transfer) is pretty overwhelming. Feeling inadequate doesn't begin to describe how I feel. But don't worry, like President Monson says, the Lord shapes the back to bear the burden. So everything will be great!

Leaving Nongkynonks was a bummer. I really loved that place. The members were so great. I think the branch was just starting to really understand how a branch needs to work too. But Bangna is pretty sweet so far. First of all, the ward is one of the oldest in Thailand apparently. The thing I really love though is the bathroom! In Nongkhai we didn't have flushing toilets and the water pressure was pretty awful. I walked into the bathroom in our apartment and almost shed tears of joy. The toilet flushes. HOLLER! The shower is magical. It is one of those shower heads that is directly over your head. Basically it is like being caught in a torrential down pour of rain, except you can control the temperature and make it stop whenever you want. Heaven.

My new companion is E. Terry. He is hilarious. For some reason all my companions are stinkin hilarious. Or I am just really good at laughing. But we have had a pretty good time so far. E. Terry quote of the week: "Do you think anyone has ever been killed by a Book of Mormon?" Classic.

Lately in my studies I have been dissecting my patriarchal blessing. So I have been cutting the individual lines out with scissors and pasting them onto colored paper depending on the relationship between word count and number of punctuation symbols. It has been a really spiritual experience. PSYCH. But I started making a cause and effect chart for my blessing. I wrote down a point of guidance or instruction and then the promised blessing from following that point. It is really neat. It really helped me understand what the Lord wants me to do in this life. It also helped me see very clearly how the Lord promises us blessings when we obey. There were a couple parts of my blessing where it gave just instruction without linking an effect. I'm excited to see what blessings I receive from following that instruction. I just hope I record it!

I know Christ is our Savior. He suffered for our sins. He suffered because He loves us. If we want to show our love for Him, we need to obey. Obedience is the first law of heaven. If we are truly thankful for Christ's sacrifice and atonement, we will gladly obey Him.

Life is going good. Bangkok is real big. The Book of Mormon is true.

Much Love

Elder M. Riley Creer
The only (district leader with a size 7.5 shoe)

No comments: