Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nongkhai 2.18.13

Hello Family that I love...a lot.

This week was pretty good. We met with a lot of recent converts and less actives. We told them how they can get to the temple (there is a form that is designed to help them prepare to go when they hit their year mark). We also helped them start their family history. Which makes me wonder, Mom how do you do family history? When the members ask I always refer them to the website but what do you do when the website doesn't have what you need? Keep in mind this is Thailand and that family history centers don't exist. But where do you look? How do you find dates and all that other business?

YES: Elder Jex and I were cruising through town on our way to get some signs made for English class. This guy on a scooter waves us down. We stop. He asks where we study. We explain that we aren't students but missionaries. Then he asks if we teach English. Yes we do. Then he tells us he wants to learn. Perfect. Come learn with us, it is way fun. Then he says, "I want to learn so I can flirt with white women." Oh baby. At least he is driven by something right? Then he says he wants to buy us water. We refuse...psych. we go with him across the street to the mini mart. He buys us cokes instead. Then he gives us his address and tells us we can go visit him and if we can take some girls along too that'd be even better. He is a champ. I can't wait to visit him, we just need to find someone to take with us or else he'll be way disappointed.

Well life is pretty golden. Thailand is starting to get real hot...aka I'm sweating writing this email. It's great. I love it. Yesterday we rode out to a member's house. He lives in the boonies. It was a 40 minute ride...in the hot sun. Then we accidentally went 10 minutes too far. Basically we were on our bikes for close to an hour. Nutshell: my glutes killed.

Well I love you all a ton...even when you don't write me an email. You are still the best family in the world. Peace.

MUCHO LOVE

Elder M. Riley Creer
the only





No comments: