Monday, December 31, 2012

Nongkhai 12.31.12

HELLO FAMILY THAT I LOVE...A LOT!

How is everything? What's the word? Thailand is still great, don't even worry. Talking to you on Christmas was great. You all look fabulous. Good, good, good. Yep.

Christmas over here was fun. I almost pulled a dad (aka started getting all emotional) while we were talking, but after that I was good. After skyping, we ate some KFC (oh baby.) then went and did a mini gift exchange at the tourist market. We set a 150 ß limit (about 5 bucks), drew names, kept them secret, then bought some classy gifts. It was pretty fun. We also bought a waffle maker for the house. It is supreme. It made me think of mom's signature pumpkin waffles. I thought about trying to reproduce them here...for about 2 seconds then decided it would be a disaster. But Christmas was good, I had a good time and didn't get homesick like I thought I might (prayers get answered).

Sister. Muay. Got. Baptized. Yes. Money. In. The. Bank. It was pretty golden. She is pretty golden. Thailand is pretty golden. The best part of it was when she bore her testimony, she thanked me for teaching her and helping her come closer to Christ. It was a good, warm and fuzzy moment. I love being an instrument in the Lord's hands.

This week I learned in Abraham. It was pretty epic. Abraham talks a lot about some pretty deep stuff, it blows my mind. What I liked most was reading about his desires (Abraham 1:2...I think). He desired for more righteousness, to keep the commandments and more knowledge. Some people see the commandments and keep them but think about how great life would be if they didn't have to keep them. They half desire to break them. But Abraham desires the exact opposite. He kept the commandments and desired to keep them too. He also desired for more righteousness; I feel like in a nutshell, he desired correction. He desired to know how he can do better, how he can improve, what he needs to fix. I think that is an essential trait that is key in Becoming, becoming like our Savior.

Humorous story: We are riding our bikes on this busy road. We stop at a stoplight. I hand an english class flyer to the guy on the scooter next to me. He has a question, but the light turns green. We head off. He pulls to the side of the road and calls me over. I gradually stop and look back. Here comes E. Schad, flying. He is busy looking at the scooter guy. Bam. He rams into my back tire...and falls. Then his pocket dumps. Pass-along cards, planner, pencil, phone all on the ground, in the dirt. We call this a greenie-drop. I helped him gather his stuff and answered the scooter guy's question. E. Schad was fine, just a sore knee from banging into his bike frame. Luckily we were on the side of the road so he didn't get run over or anything. ¨º.


Sam- get really thin ski socks. That's what I did and it really helped the feet. Have a good time and beware of Sasquatch.
Katie- send me a pic of your weird duck please.
Jeremy- Keep flexing on that Dental School stuff.
Mom- yes, open the box. the pants are for you guys (aka Christmas gifts).
Dad- Look at you procrastinating like a pro. I'm proud.

MUCH LOVE

Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only


#hashtags:
#thatawkwardmomentwhen: the power blows. Cold Showers and waffle-less breakfasts. #iloveThailand







No comments: