Monday, May 21, 2012

Khon Kaen 5.20.12

Hey Family.

This week has been full of adventure!

Firstly, I tried sushi this week. True story. It was weird. Not particularly bad or particularly good. Just weird. But apparently the place where we ate it didn't have good sushi and I guess we are going to a better place tomorrow. So stay tuned for more sushi updates! But I don't really understand how people rave about it, I thought it just tasted strange...maybe I'm just strange. Oh well. But to all you who thought I would starve in Thailand because I'm so picky: Kiss it. :)

Cool story: We are riding our bikes to an 8 pm appointment when out of no where this man on a scooter rolls up and stops E. Pipat. We met him last week while inviting and got his number and said we'd call to set up an appointment. Well he stops us and asks "Why didn't you call me? You said you'd call." So E. Pipat made and appointment for the next day and then he drove away and we continued on to our appointment. Fast Forward to next day. We go teach him and his wife. We tell him about baptism. He says he wants to be baptized! #MONEYINTHEBANK. It was sweet. It is cool how the Lord puts people who are prepared into our paths. I'm way stoked to see how he and his wife progress.

This week E. Pipat exchanged with E. Kao this week in Kalasin and E. Banta was with me in our area...which means I had to lead our area...which means I had to get us to investigators' houses and make effective plans for the next day. It was bad news bears. I was way pumped to lead the area and show everyone how good of a missionary I was and how I could lead and all that jazz...then the Lord humbled me. I forgot how to get to an investigator's house (yikes), called a member to come teach with us but forgot to confirm the appointment first (it fell through (double yikes) but luckily the member was chill about us wasting his time) and I made impossible plans for the next day (turns out serving at a government office doesn't work when they are closed). E. Pipat saw the plans I had made for the night after we switched back and just laughed. It was humorously bad. So I learned that when my eye isn't single to the glory of God I fail. I also learned that I still have a lot to learn. It was a great day.

I have made it through my first transfer. It is weird to think that it has been 6 weeks here. It is like a dream. But I love it. Teaching the gospel everyday is pretty awesome even when they don't accept it. Having one hour to read the Book of Mormon each day is amazing. The Book of Mormon is supreme, no matter where I read I learn something new and something that applies to me and my investigators. I know it is true. I know Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God. I know that by reading the Book of Mormon we come closer to Christ. That's what this life is all about I think, coming closer to Christ. That's why we go to church, pray, read, sing, go home teaching. We do it all to come closer to Christ and help others come closer as well.

Mission life is great. I recommend trying it.

Much Love,
Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

Hashtags:
This week the house got 4 letters...and 4 of them were for me. #thanksforhollering
#thatawkwardmomentwhen: all the members are laughing and looking at you but you have no idea what they are saying...#ifonlyispokethai
One of our investigators is 50ish and dating a 17 year old girl...#eeewwwwwhhhhaaaaiiiiittt








No comments: