Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Code.

Yesterday. Mid-afternoon. My friend, his sister and I are driving to Home Depot to learn how to build a multi-level tree house (or to get keys cut). My friend tells me that he and his sister learned morse code the other day. Then they started teaching me! At first, I was skeptical that I could memorize all the letters. But they shared their secret with me and by the time we got to the store I had all the letters memorized (more or less)! I was ecstatic. I saw visions of my friends and me using Morse to pull pranks similar to Jim and Pam's in the office. The possibilities seemed endless.

Fast-forward. Yesterday. Late night. My same friend and I find ourselves sitting in a paddleboat watching the stars. Oh and we were with a girl. Just the three of us. My friend says, "Hey Riley, let's test your Morse code skills. What word is this?" He taps out: •-•• • •- •••- •. I don't get it. L E I V E. What? So he taps it out again: •-•• • •- •••- •. It clicks. L E A V E. Ohhhh. Genius. So I make some excuse about getting snacks and head back to where some of our other amigos were watching the stars, leaving the two lovebirds all to themselves. Oh baby. Before you jump to conclusions, nothing more than flirty chatting occurred. 


The applications for this new skill are endless. Obviously.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Tell me your secret! I want to learn.
And killer picture!