Monday, September 30, 2013

Ubon 9.30.13

Sup Family.

Big news...I got transferred.  I am now in Ubon.  It is right on the border of Laos and Cambodia.  All the members speak Isaan (aka I don't understand them that well).  But I'm pumped about the move.  My new companion is... The crazy Aussie.  E. Tzanis.  We will be together for only 3 weeks before he goes home.  He is so funny.  Also in the house is E. Schad (my old comp from Nongkynonks) and E. Jensen (my baby...aka I trained him).  We have been reminiscing the Nongkhai days...in other words we laugh a lot.

Sorry Poppa Smerf, I won't be able to give you all the details of the Mtn Tribe or other investigators.  But I do know that 4 of our investigators in Saphaan Sung were baptized yesterday: the family of 3 and this older woman named Gob (means frog).  I'll send you a pic of them when E. Campbell gets around to emailing me the pics.  With those 4 baptisms and another one from the Saphaan Sung sisters the Bangkok East zone made their baptismal goal!  I was pumped when I got the news!  It is the first time I've ever heard of a zone getting 100% of their goal.  On the other hand, the Ubon zone (my new zone) got 10% of their goal this month.  So we have plenty of room to grow!  Who knows maybe I'll even grow an inch or two as I serve the zone (keep my height in your prayers guys).

Snackin' on them Scorpions:  E. Tzanis went inviting at the walking market in Ubon.  While cruising the streets we saw a bug cart.  Sick.  E. Tzanis likes to eat weird stuff.  So naturally he takes a gander at the goods.  Scorpions.  They have scorpions.  He buys 3 and gets 4 as a bonus.  I record him as he eats the nasty little guy.  Then he tells me I need to eat one.  I immediately refuse but with some persuasion I finally ยอม to eat one (you know how I do under peer pressure (hence the broken back) Can I use hence like that?  Well I just did.  So kiss it.)  So I ate a scorpion.  It was crunchy.  It was grainy.  It was crap.  Later that night we convinced the other elders to eat the other two.  It took E. Jensen 15 minutes to eat it.  We were recording it on his camera and it took so long the batteries died!  After a quick switcharoo and another 4 minutes of waiting he ate it.  Super funny.  Then E. Schad ate his.  His was a goliath.  So massive.  Good laughs.  To end our planning I prayed that we wouldn't get sick from the scorpions.  God blessed us because the next day E. Schad told us he had 7 late night visits to the toilet.  7!  He was the only one that didn't pray to not die from the scorpions and he got crazy diarrhea.  Poor guy.

Tomorrow we have a meeting with the other zone leaders so we came down last night and spent P-Day in the Big Bankeezy.  We hit up the wax museum and Burger King.  Picture frenzy.  Good times.

To answer your questions pops: 
No, E. Holland's talk was the tongue of Angels one.  The Mtn tribe is working on getting married.  They tried once already but didn't have all the needed documents.  Mak and Marine's parents are fine with them getting baptized and actually are opening up to the idea of themselves getting baptized as well.  The youth are...like normal youth and don't open up immediately.    

I love you all!  Thanks for your emails.

Elder M. Riley Creer

The Only

No comments: