Monday, June 24, 2013

Saphaan Sung 6.26.13

Dear family

You guys all rock.  True story.

A bunch happened this week.  Hopefully I can type all this business out in the 24 minutes I have left.

First, we taught English at the district courthouse.  High pressure for sure.  The gig is we teach them twice a week for 1 hour.  On Tuesdays the sisters will teach and on Fridays the elders will teach.  This past Tuesday we all went since it was the first time.  They gave us free lunch.  Yes.  Teaching was fun as always, partly because the court people are farang crazy!  And the fact that we speak decent thai sent them into a frenzy.  Classic.  If I understood the boss lady correctly, she said they are counting our teaching as professional training.  Yeah after that we started taking it much more seriously.

Backstory: In the movie the Rundown, when Travis is about to fight the Rock he does that weird charge up thing that looks like he is getting electrocuted.  Sam used to do it.  Super funny.  Well one day, E. Thomas and I were waiting for a person to show up for his appointment.  We were making phone calls as we waited.  They weren't going well.  Then we called the investigator.  He wasn't going to come.  Yikes.  Our back up plan was street contacting.  We were both down.  Almost out.  E. Thomas says we need to get pumped up first.  Definitely.  So I started doing the Rundown pump up thing.  It was hilarious.  Then we went out and talked to everyone.  Fast forward a few days.  District Meeting.  E. Thomas gave some training on diligence and never giving up.  For the role play he had me demonstrate the way I get pumped up when we get rejected.  So I showed the whole district.  They thought it was hilarious (probably thought I was insane too).  Then E. Thomas had them all try it too.  That was the best part, watching all these sister missionaries clenching their fists and making machine noises.  Highlight.  The best part:  The sisters actually used it!  Sister Stewart was way exhausted and Sister Zatarain did the Rundown Pump (from here on our it is called the Rundown Pump) to get her going.  I was pleased.

Well I love you all lots.  Sorry for the short email.  More to come next week.  I don't know why it is in this weird centered format...annoying.
Much Love,
Elder M. Riley Creer
The Only

No comments: