Sunday, September 6, 2015

Durango

Last month I was full of adventure. My dad, brother and I went to Colorado for a mountain biking trip. We stayed in an old forest fire lookout tower. It was pretty rad...well except when you had to walk up and down 4 flights of stairs to go to the bathroom. The views were amazing though!




We spent 2 nights in this bad boy. In between we did a savage bike ride. It was 22 miles from Kennebec Pass to Durango. In other words, it was 22 miles of brutal, torturous riding. Ok, maybe only 10 miles of it was bad. But those 10 were so bad I found myself wishing I had purchased a motorcycle instead of a bicycle. The worst part was watching my dad crash over and over again (I wonder if he'll read this...). The trail was extremely technical, way too technical for my dad and I. My dad took a beating. At one point he fell then barrel rolled over this massive rock coming to a stop on his other side. I hated watching it. Alas, we triumphed...6 hours later. It is a miracle that we all made it off that mountain alive. 


Despite the grueling ride (from which my body is still recovering), the trip was really fun. We ate sloppy joe's, played black jack, ate cheetos puffs; it was glamorous. 








1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm glad you all made it out alive, too. Awesome pictures!