Saturday, December 21, 2013

Asoke 12.21.13

Hey Family!

This week was nuts!  That new area opened.  E. Davies and E. Bartling were sent there.  They are going to have a blast there.  I have a new companion: E. Harris.  He is from Spanish Fork.  He is ripped and an amazing missionary.

To answer your questions Dad, we are assigned to an area.  It is massive.  I'm still fuzzy on where it ends and the neighboring areas start.  But the average week we have time to work in our area, finding and teaching investigators.  Yes, I wish we had more time.  That is something E. Harris and I are going to try and change, getting out of the office faster and into our area.  And Greg Madsen is in the Bangkok North zone.

So this week was transfers.  Boy am I glad it is over.  Here's the rundown of how it went:
Sunday: E. Fronberg and I went to pick up this new missionary from Burma.  He will be serving in Australia but stopped off in BKK to be set apart by President Senior before heading to the MTC in Provo.  He was hilarious and spoke English like a champ.
Monday: We spent all day in the office planning and preparing for the new missionaries and transfers.
Tuesday: We had a training meeting at 10 AM with the new trainers.  Then we helped President finalize the transfers board.  We also remade the transfers powerpoint which took forever.  Instead of sleeping we went to the airport with President and Sister Senior to greet the new missionaries.  5 sisters and 1 elder.  We took them to their hotel and then hit the hay at about 3 AM.
Wednesday: We woke up at 6:30, as usual, and took the new missionaries to get their blood drawn and photos taken for their work permits.  Then we took them to the office for their orientation stuff.  We finished preparing for transfers and left the office for chaengwattana around 12.  I was driving the van full of new missionaries.  E. Marvel was my navigator.  Well, I made the mistake of following the GPS instead of my natural compass.  We got lost.  Way lost.  An hour and 2 GPS destination points later we made it to the church where transfers was held.  Becuase I got hecka dayz lost, transfers started 40 minutes late (Yikes!).  It was a good meeting though, everyone was pumped for their new areas.  After the meeting, we took the dead missionaries (those who were going home) back for dinner with the Senior's and got all the luggage and stuff together for the Kamphaeng Phet elders.  Eventually we got some sleep.
Thursday: We woke up at 2:00 AM to send the dead missionaries off at the airport.  It's always weird to see them go.  We went home and got a few hours of sleep and a little studying in before heading back to the office.  We pulled up, walked inside and walked right back out to load up the van to take some more missionaries to the airport.  Due to visa problems they couldn't fly out that day and would have to wait a few more days.  So we ate lunch with everyone at the airport and then headed back to the office to make some reports.  That night we took the 4 elders opening Kamphaeng Phet to the bus station to send them off.  Amazingly, I found our way home without a GPS or a guide.  Prayers are answered.
Friday:  We had a normal day.  We studied, weekly planned, hit the office for about an hour, then hit the streets to find some new investigators.  I feel like my street contacting skills have atrophied.  I watched E. Harris get numbers after numbers while I got rejections after rejections.  I guess that's why we are together, so I can relearn how to declare repentance and baptism.
Saturday:  We took the missionaries who previously had visa problems to the airport again at 5 this morning.  This time everything was squared away and they were able to fly out.  E. Harris and I got home, fell onto our beds and were out.  The week of craziness finally caught up to us. 

Nutshell:  This week was nuts.  I went to the airport 5 times.  Straight up nuts.

Now we are looking towards January.  The mission's faith flame is stoked for the new year (holler at that imagery).  I know this gospel will roll forth to fill the ends of the earth.  Mormon 8:22.  How lucky are we to be a part of it.

I love you tons.


Elder M. Riley Creer
the only

No comments: